Monday, November 10, 2008

Integrity [poor syntax on my part]

Dear CONFUSED JOURNALIST,

Although I do know many people who take adderall, they happen to me my close friends. I have no interest in disclosing either their names or experiences. As for my personal life, I feel as though whatever I may have said at a social gathering for the SAID PAPER does not apply to your research. There is a clear division between the two for me. If you'd like me to tell ANONYMOUS EDITOR that I'd be more than wiling.

I do, however, encourage you to write this article. Perhaps it would be a better idea to ask people--randomly--about their feelings (approval/disapproval) concerning the drug rather than about whether or not they consume them. This topic is somewhat taboo--amphetamines are illegal in the European Union--and I feel like there is a great deal of hostility on this campus between people who do and people who do not take these so called "study drugs." Furthermore, their long term effects may be seen all over campus. I know of at least two people whose sleeping patterns are permanently damaged from long-term usage (since they were five and seven, respectively).

I hope this email was helpful while at the same time conveying the fact that I am quite irritated by the fact anyone thought it appropriate to ask me for this information. Consider, for example, your friends who take drugs and then imagine someone asking you for their contact information so you could write an article. Perhaps you wouldn't have any qualms, but this university is small and, after all, I am a critic not a journalist.

Best,
PISSED OFF

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:44 PM, <email> wrote:
Hey,
I'm working on an article about prescription drug abuse on campus. ANONYMOUS EDITOR
told me you could connect me to a bunch of students who would be willing
to talk about their own experiences (they will of course all be quoted
anonymously).
Would you please either give me the contact info of students who would be
interviewed, or forward my information to them.
You can contact me by email or call my cell phone (###-###-####)
Thanks,
name

No comments: